Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Uganda Safari Pics


YES!!  We did get this close and I took these lovely pics with my pocket sized Sam's club digital camera!!

Africa life near the savanna

The ever elusive and rare black hooded gonlek

Nothing like a nice bath after a big meal... yes, we were actually that close.

I dared nate to go slap him on the butt, but he chickened out... He would of been fine the guide said the lion just finished eating.

Remember the Lion King... Can you say "Ooooooh Mufasa, gives me the chills"

Mama and baby

Monitor Lizard... apparently the nemesis of the African River Croc.

Pied King Fisher... very cool to see them dive for fish!!

One look at me and wanted a bite!  Glad they are vegetarians.  Also, that is why I dont eat only veggies... I might get too fat!

African Fishing Eagle

Elephant crossing!

View from the lodge Buffalo at the river edge

No Lie, no zoom, that close. I offered Jay $5 to pat him on the head out the window door... she walked right up to the car - protecting her baby in the bush behind her... but Jay was too afraid!

Mama's baby leopard giving us the eye

View of the African plane.

That's a juvenile elephant...

Half of us in the Northern hemisphere and other half in the southern hemisphere...

Just too awesome!!!!

Long crested Eagle

Mama and baby in the African prairie
There are more pics, but just too many to post! It was truly awesome!!  Diving with the Great Whites in 6 days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment